Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: following a variable's value.
- X-seq: zsh-users 20788
- From: ZyX <kp-pav@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "zsh-users@xxxxxxx" <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: following a variable's value.
- Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 14:19:11 +0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yandex.ru; s=mail; t=1445167152; bh=QTN9rojVmPsBuQb6xnf5uTNeMoQ0GJMF30TCZP6McVw=; h=From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:Date; b=swBAamQSIa935M4mW+6/D/7K59V37dqYuMMxLiIspSHCzsAhXNWSrkNxLGSTRM1Va zzc1E2IQK6BjiXFsKX8Jxjt0zljpg+fIAZwUKi4YE67m0SmNemj4EvfmIx4KW9Yp5T 6c02bjPrf81zA/NyCa1Tn3BLm4RtqAAmS2VFwW/g=
- In-reply-to: <562320B7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <5622DC5B.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <562320B7.email@example.com>
18.10.2015, 07:33, "Ray Andrews" <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 10/17/2015 05:29 PM, ZyX wrote:
>> 18.10.2015, 03:11, "Ray Andrews" <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> I discovered by accident the useful 'warncreateglobal' and it has me in
>>> mind to ask if there's some way of tracing the value of variable. I
>>> know about 'set -x' of course, but some way of following the fortunes of
>>> a single variable would be very nice.
>> If you write C module specifically for your needs you may overcome these limitations.
> Thanks ZyX, but that sounds way over my head. I've still never touched
> python. If no one else has any ideas then I'll keep doing it the hard
> way with inserted queries.
You can use some other languages which allow compiling *.so libraries and have a way to create compatible ABI: e.g. Rust. But in any case basic C knowledge is necessary.
What do you mean by “inserted queries”? Some kind of “debugging printf”?
Messages sorted by: