Re: Zsh wiki and spam

Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> I went through most (all?) pages and removed the spam (I'm the
> "kusalananda" user) only to have some of my edits immediately reverted
> by spammers ("justgerardz", "justgerrardz").

I've e-mailed the administrator of the wiki so hopefully he can block
those users. It's a constant battle and I don't think there are any easy
solutions.

That reverting seems to be being done by some automated script bot. The
two similarly named accounts you list were even fighting each other over
a few pages - install:start for example.

I suspect this particular script is only capable of reverting back one
edit. A few months back I removed spam and improved a page as a single
edit and the script just reverted to the last spam page.

On some pages, I've just made two changes: first to revert the spam
and then add some arbitrary changes. I'm hoping that doing it as two
edits will stop it reverting the spam at least for a short while.

> Is the Wiki dead? In that case, maybe the reference to it should be
> removed from the manuals?

There's plenty of scope for the content to be improved but it isn't
dead.

Oliver