Re: Time in prompt not shown, when %P used (promptinit)

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Alexander Skwar
<alexanders.mailinglists+nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm using zsh 5.1.1-1ubuntu1 on Ubuntu 15.10.
>
> Before Ubuntu 15.10, I had 14.04 and after the date ("Don Okt 29"), there
> used to be the time. The time is now missing

What version of zsh were you using on 14.04?

I suspect this is a problem introduced when time formatting was
changed to attempt to pass more of the format sequences directly
through to strftime().  We have had this sort of problem come up for
some other formats, depending on the strftime() implementation.

The %P string was always expected to be expanded by strftime and for a
long time (2004 - 2014) was simply ignored if it was empty (prior to
2004 it could cause a segfault).  I'm guessing that now it's being
incorrectly interpreted as an error and therefore aborting the entire
%D{...} replacement.