Re: Interactive search on the command line?

On 11/26/15 3:04 AM, Dominik Vogt wrote:
Is there a way to do an interactive search (or at least a
non-interactive string search) in the command line editor?  I
often have extremely long gcc command lines where I want to delete
an option or do some editing in the middle of the command line,
and moving the cursor to the interesting spot is quite tedious.

I wrote something recently that might help, it lets you jump to
anywhere in the command line with just a couple keystrokes:

https://github.com/scfrazer/zsh-jump-target

I'm pretty new to zsh, so I wrote it like I would have in a different
language.  If there is a better way to do things, suggestions are
welcome.

Scott