Re: Interactive search on the command line?

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I wouldn't know you were new to zsh if you didn't say so; the code looks
> as good as anyone's.  The one thing I would suggest is to use the
> ${BUFFER[(i)$char]} syntax in the 'for' loop, which should translate to
> a strchr() or strstr() call at the C level.  (There's also the
> ${(ps:$char:)BUFFER} syntax, but I'm not sure it gains you anything.)

I tried the (i) thing but the function stopped working.  I couldn't find
what it was supposed
to do in the zsh manual, only something about use as a flag for
case-insensitive search
which doesn't seem relevant.  How do people debug these types of things?

> Also, three minor points:
>
> - With recent zsh, WARN_CREATE_GLOBAL complains:
>     (anon):1: scalar parameter ZSH_JUMP_TARGET_CHOICES created globally in
> function (anon)
>     (anon):2: scalar parameter ZSH_JUMP_TARGET_STYLE created globally in
> function (anon)
>   The fix is to declare these parameters either global ('typeset -g') or
> 'local'.
>
> - You could use 'region_highlight+=("foo bar baz")' to append to the array.
>
> - You might use an 'always' block to restore $orig_region_highlight.
>
> P.S. Perhaps you could throw a LICENSE file into that repository?

Thanks for the feedback, I fixed all these things.

Scott