possible 'is-at-least' bug?

Thanks to a recent tip from the list, I've started using 'is-at-least' to
compare version numbers.

However, I seem to have found a situation/edge case where it does not seem
to work.

I am trying to compare version numbers of software, in this case ImageOptim
for the Mac.

The version I have installed is '1.6.1a1' where the 'a' is for 'alpha'

There is a newer version '1.6.1b2' where the 'b' is for 'beta'

##

LATEST_VERSION='1.6.1b2'

INSTALLED_VERSION='1.6.1a1'

autoload is-at-least

is-at-least "$LATEST_VERSION" "$INSTALLED_VERSION"

if [ "$?" = "0" ]
then
echo "Up-To-Date (Installed = $INSTALLED_VERSION vs Latest =
$LATEST_VERSION)"
else
echo "Outdated (Installed = $INSTALLED_VERSION vs Latest = $LATEST_VERSION)"
fi

exit 0
##

That test results in "Up-To-Date (Installed = 1.6.1a1 vs Latest = 1.6.1b2)"

TjL