Re: Somehow my prompt broke in 5.2

On 7 January 2016 at 05:44, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is a bug in Functions/VCS_Info/VCS_INFO_nvcsformats in the 5.2
> release -- a local variable got declared at the wrong scope when the
> function was updated.
>
> Delete line 7 ( local -a msgs ) from VCS_INFO_nvcsformats and you
> should be good to go.  If you have problems with WARN_CREATE_GLOBAL,
> add that same line to Functions/VCS_Info/vcs_info instead.

Would be cool if this could be somehow workarounded in .zshrc, so that
one can have robust configuration that will work anywhere right after
install. The same I thought about the modification of
_history-complete-older you proposed. But doing what I write is
probably not possible. One could at least add a warning to .zshrc that
would somehow detect if modifications aren't in place for given zsh.

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski