Re: Missing options in tmux completion

Keerthan JC wrote:
> If I look at the source of _tmux:
> https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/blob/master/Completion/Unix/Command/_tmux#L628
> (and my local _tmux), the options start from -A.
>
> However, when I run tmux new -<Tab> I only see:
>  -- option --
> -D  -- in case of -A behave like attach-session's -d
> -F  -- specify format of output
> -P  -- print information about new session after it is created
> -c  -- specify working directory for the session
> -d  -- do not attach new session to current terminal
> -n  -- name the initial window
> -s  -- name the session
> -t  -- specify target session
> -x  -- specify width
> -y  -- specify height
>

> Why are some options missing?

-A is an option to _arguments itself. I guess, we need to separate the
option lists from the options to _arguments by putting a colon in
between them. So in _tmux-new-session that would be:

  _arguments -s : $args

Would make sense to do that in all helper functions in _tmux that use
_arguments. I may take a look this evening, unless someone beats me to
it.

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925