Re: bracketed-paste & gnome-terminal

On Mar 21,  9:38am, Danek Duvall wrote:
}
} Except that emacs now seems to set TERM=dumb [...]
} Is there a better way to check for running inside emacs?

Some versions of emacs export EMACS=t into the environment.  I don't know
how reliable that is, either.

I have this in .zshrc; I have no recollection of how old that "eterm"
comment is:

case ${TERM:-dumb} in
emacs|dumb)
    [[ $EMACS = t ]] || return 0
    export TERMCAP='emacs|:am:bl=:cr=^M:do=^J:sf=^J:'
    TERM=emacs 2>/dev/null
    export EDITOR=emacs
    stty -onlcr -echo
    ttyctl -f
    ;;
#  eterm)
#      # This is bad; eterm is the Enlightenment terminal emulator name.
#      # Recent versions of emacs now use 'emacs-em7930' and stuff their
#      # own termcap or terminfo into the process environment.
#      TERM=vt100
#      ;;
esac