Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
API for zsh5.3 concerning ISEARCHMATCH_ACTIVE
- X-seq: zsh-users 21548
- From: m0viefreak <m0viefreak.cm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: API for zsh5.3 concerning ISEARCHMATCH_ACTIVE
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 23:08:28 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=to:from:subject:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=nX3E/sbA74tPH2NcWl5TuEwOka9ryX8t9ZTLHI+uJjg=; b=exdqRdlC/hiikEuTyITwoI55PF2zvAdPpz8ILpMfSkD8Ka2JDfAVG5GgIXuhLMOuBh LYIiGmzzMm3GmnsHHKi+e/TZCnR3Hed0pWY42yrUObLt/s+u/OriA/Xj9ulOkcU0uQ7r mQx8lTxmyUDdKHJuJVy6MqiAF/J0WjoOW1sFgoiJxXjINIo0FlD9A4g0x/dAy7OFNfN5 PDYRXhAOvTdnaQEZsX0MtUDv/7c864a7EkF9pNkAxCufAtkWSXMN1+XefirgAvGlxyKT 2tkUBXX74lmUHC7FT0cUaQSxfDDgTfZ75mBE5zl7WpjAgQfobCx0cwg4+TCw0LCw9Qrh NUDg==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
ZSH currently knows 5 specific highlighters in the zle_highlight array:
region, suffix, isearch, paste, special
While 'special' is a bit 'special', the first four are all very
straight-forward and directly related to positions in the current BUFFER.
To be able to work with the positions of these highlighters inside user
defined widgets such as zsh-syntax-highlighting, they need to be exposed
in some way.
In zsh5.2 only two of them are:
I submitted a patch to support the other two, as well:
So in the current development version there is also:
However there are some points up for discussion:
1) isearch is a bit different from the others and one might also be
interested in the actual matched part of the BUFFER. So instead of only
exposing _ACTIVE _START and _END, it would be possible to actually
expose the MATCH itself instead:
The "active" check would then essentially be a nonzero-check.
2) There are already some related paremters exposed that don't use the I
at the beginning of the name:
Should we possible leave out the I as well?:
Note however that LASTSEARCH and LASTABORTEDSEARCH are fundamentally
different, since they describe a zle state of the past, while ISEARCH_*
aim to describe the present.
I for one like the way that all four of those special highighting
regions have a similar (integer-based) API. It is easy to reconstruct
the actual MATCH from BUFFER, _START, and _END, and we don't need to
make changes to the C code.
Are there any preferences as to what the API for zsh5.3 should be like?
Messages sorted by: