Re: Rotate shell words widget

On 11 May 2016 at 23:21, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What common usage did you have in mind for this?
>
> I presume rotate acts on $RBUFFER and rotate-backwards works on $LBUFFER
> (approximately).

I wasn't enough specific again? It rotates words in command line not
letters in words. The usage is then I think clear, to go to some
previous word, edit it, and put it in its original place again.
Alternative to Alt-b in bindkey -e.

Too relying on established word set like "shell word". Some users
might not be aware that this will allow them to rotate sophisticated
command lines with words like a\ b\ c.

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski