Re: Can be newest completions used with e.g. 5.0.2, or 4.x

Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote on Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 09:27:47 +0200:
> Hello,
> I will test this, but an information about what changes in Zsh can
> influence completions' backward compatibility would be useful. I
> recall one thing, the ability to do =() right after typeset -a. If one
> person uses this in current completion, it will not be backward
> compatible. Any more such things?

The ${(b)foo} syntax has been added.

The _cmdstring completion function has been added.

Some completion library functions have received bugfixes (_arguments) or
new features (_describe).

There might be new builtin parameters, but I don't recall one aimed at
completion functions specifically.

Cheers,

Daniel