Re: Feature request: set extension for =( ) created file

On Sep 24,  4:36pm, Lawrence Velazquez wrote:
}
} > What time and effort? I guess it can be a beautiful few lines patch.
} > Modify name of file? Something like strcat. Parsing clever syntax that
} > would provide the extension? Also possibly basic.
}
} A few lines (of C!) to reliably detect dozens/hundreds/thousands of file
} formats? Okay.

I think Sebastian is asking for a way to change the file name returned
by =(...) and still have it automatically removed, not a way to figure
out TO WHAT to change the name.

} (FWIW, file(1) -- a whole program/library made expressly for this
} purpose -- gives me hilariously bad results on a regular basis.)

Yes, "file" is generally a lot better at figuring out what a file is
NOT than what a file IS.  Still, it's the best thing we have lying
around.