Special _tags:comptags:67: no tags registered

Hello,
I do uncommon thing: in a very fresh shell – no Tab yet used, right
after start, in one line:

declare -f > functions; unfunction -m \*; source ./functions

Then I enter ls<Tab>, and get:

_tags:comptags:67: no tags registered

The line pointed (5.2-dev-2) is last line in the file _tags:

comptags "-N$prev"

I've tried debug-printing whole _tags to see differences in path the
execution has taken or in parameters, and it was rather the same,
couldn't spot any differences. I wonder what is the origin of such
error message?

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski