Re: off topic

Ray Andrews wrote on Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 12:25:09 -0800:
> On 12/09/2016 11:24 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> >Actually, I think that already exists, in a way:
>
> Nuts, I've forgotten most of my own experience, but I do  remember that
> somewhat -- IIRC it was a sort of 'close but no cigar' sort of thing -- you
> had to know what you were doing to use it, and of course the whole idea is
> that at that point the newbie has no idea. Seems to me that what I wanted
> was a sort of simple '1, 2, 3' set of choices for 'minimal setup
> (masochistic)', 'normal setup (sane)', and 'lots of bells and whistles setup
> (rococo)' with a friendly reminder that one can always rerun 'xxx' to change
> to something else if one wants to experiment.  I remember being terrified of
> the installer, now that I recall.

You may have missed my point.  That option which I quoted is offered by
the very first zsh-newuser-install prompt (NOT by a submenu), and is NOT
offered by any further prompts, either.  Therefore the user experience,
if choosing this option, is very different to the "browse through
submenus" experience that zsh-newuser-install also offers.

Cheers,

Daniel