Re: zsh-5.2-test-3

On 12/11/2016 11:23 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Dec 11, 10:16am, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} Thanks Peter.  BTW, the contents of the /help directory, I never been
} able to figure out how one accesses that information, it seems that it
} is meant to be pulled up by some command.  'run-help' doesn't do it,

run-help would do it if you had "autoload run-help".  See the doc for
the run-help function in zshcontrib, or Functions/Misc/run-help.

The help files are generated directly from the documentation so there's
nothing in there that "man zshbuiltins" wouldn't also show you.

'autoload run-help' still gives me the 'normal' man page, it seems, but as you say the information in 'man zshbuiltins' is the same as that in '/help'. I changed the name of '/help' to see what would happen but 'man zshbuiltins' works just the same, so it seems that '/help' is redundant. Or is it? I see the same text in '/share/man/man1'.

I'm always frustrated looking in the right place for the right help -- 'man test' is not the zsh version and when one is looking in the 'man zsh...' it can be less than obvious which subsection is appropriate. I wonder if it would be possible to tweek things so that 'man XXX' always gave me the appropriate information for whatever version of the command was actually in play regardless of it's provenance. I remember last year crashing into the fact that there are several versions of some commands, so one wants to be sure.