Re: 5.3.1

On Dec 21,  3:53pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
} Subject: Re: 5.3.1
}
}      name=zsh/curses modfile=Src/Modules/curses.mdd link=dynamic
} auto=yes load=yes
}
} but every time I run configure, it puts it back to stock

Yes, you need to (in this order)

configure
edit config.modules
make

I keep an edited copy of config.modules named config.modules.local
so the "edit config.modules" step becomes

cp config.module.local config.modules

Did you try zmodload zsh/curses ?  If you have 47 tests passing with
only one skipped, the module probably is built and is linkable, unless
that IS the one that got skipped (for me it's always zsh/pcre skipped).