Permission denied - putting an aliases.zsh file and it being called from .zshrc

Hi all,

Please CC while answering, newbie here.

IIUC, aliases are nothing but shortcuts.

For e.g. cls=clear and so on and so forth.

Now I have made a file called aliases.zsh  and want those aliases to
be used/called by .zshrc so I can use it within my zsh installation.

Then I tried -

 $ head .zshrc
~/.zsh/aliases.zsh

# Lines configured by zsh-newuser-install

HISTFILE=~/.histfile
HISTSIZE=10000
SAVEHIST=10000
setopt appendhistory autocd extendedglob nomatch notify
bindkey -e
# End of lines configured by zsh-newuser-install

Trying to source it though get permission denied messages -

/home/shirish/.zsh $ source .zshrc
.zshrc:1: permission denied: /home/shirish/.zsh/aliases.zsh

Why am I get permission denied messages ?

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल