Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Emailing this list from unsubscribed addresses (was: Re: using gitlab (or other) issue tracker instead of mailing list?)
- X-seq: zsh-users 22361
- From: Timothee Cour <timothee.cour2@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Emailing this list from unsubscribed addresses (was: Re: using gitlab (or other) issue tracker instead of mailing list?)
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 00:22:39 -0800
- Cc: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=uJ6G3l2spjLhFWYYVL1xD96ehI0d2EKeQhBwn0J+RuM=; b=qLcERAoCebQM7SFyZrynW9V10DIpyyrF+fZn6oCdJyLq+4Ehj6XQlptPEeHBLCKWhJ Mqkj/AxOJMaliaC04mBFUd3Cqod3O/hokJb3xVC9UlPsKqw9JFpCjfAJdW+lOUpbPkOV kg/xiaxciQrvE6qCxh6zv0YcyNx25SkrUjTavf5M+en18vxWaJY7kmTAvrBHr5u1wGYs UM7Sssa70+lPndW6ME36fd1IfPDF8FvQbqyTS4QBnCsqBMxBl8pAYvK4Vvvm7WxMF4I5 MKyhbNzcJ8C+eKhHyMm84Hza9YTjja+OyRYCytNVsRbB4NwuStZ0kUZQ2ir9nGc0Yt5f Hq6w==
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7b86Y7HPbVbHnEkR=AMX20XyfvXCPcbrnN7zJeN-hq=2Q@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAM4j=kPgw=fLgEeCvV5xqpU9==o81riHj7RwowgQR3nwNnhZxA@mail.gmail.com> <170102134231.ZM24370@torch.brasslantern.com> <CAM4j=kOz5wpbUTEwcHXcOshJsRLkvpXmRtOvP1FiTx+V6Hu25w__35485.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170112200134.GA29932@fujitsu.shahaf.local2> <CAH+w=7b86Y7HPbVbHnEkR=AMX20XyfvXCPcbrnN7zJeN-hq=2Q@mail.gmail.com>
> you could try emailing zsh-users-allow-subscribe[at]zsh.org from foo2, to
whitelist that address as a sender without subscribing it. (You'll need to
reply to the autoreply)
I did that a few hours ago, but it still doesn't work:
On gmail [logged in as my primary foo@xxxxxxxxx], I replied to this message
[http://www.zsh.org/mla/users//2017/msg00041.html] but it's not appearing
in that list [http://www.zsh.org/mla/users//2017/index.html]. So I have to
log in to my other gmail [foo2@xxxxxxxxx] to send messages to zsh-users.
Not sure if I'm missing something.
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Gmail servers are on a blacklist that the zsh list servers use.
> On Jan 12, 2017 12:06 PM, "Daniel Shahaf" <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Timothee Cour wrote on Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 09:34:23 -0800:
>> > On this topic:
>> > when I try to send an email to zsh-users@xxxxxxx from my main gmail
>> > (foo@gmail) using a different 'From' field (foo2@gmail) it sends an
>> > automated response:
>> > Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
>> > will be retried for 0 more day(s)
>> > [and keeps failing]
>> _Why_ was delivery delayed? There should be a technical explanation in
>> > so i need to log to my other gmail (foo2@gmail) that i signed-up with
>> > this mailing list. So looks like there is still a need to sign-up with
>> > approach?
>> > [not using my primary email because this mailing list shows email in the
>> > open, unlike bug-trackers like the ones I listed]
>> > Or am i doing something wrong?
>> I suspect that the "subscribed" / "not subscribed" distinction might
>> a red herring. That said, you could try emailing
>> from foo2, to whitelist that address as a sender without subscribing it.
>> (You'll need to reply to the autoreply)
Messages sorted by: