Re: Avoiding the zshells intelligence...in one case

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Martin Vaeth wrote:

> Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In exactly what way does it not work?
>
> % t ~dummy
> zsh: no such user or named directory: dummy

Sorry, I should have mentioned "~" along with variables and braces in my
original reply.  That's because "noglob" doesn't consider tilde-expansion
to be globbing, even though "nomatch" does.  There's no way to temporarily
disable tilde.

If Meino has URLs where the schema starts with a tilde, though, he's
in worse trouble than this.