Re: spaces in filenames should be a crime.

If you'd suggest a solution using 'ls' on the bash-help mailing list, you'd
get lynched. Although I have always found the tone on that list less than
welcoming, I've taken that recommendation to heart. What is the opinion
here? Should 'ls' as a basis for file name generation be avoided at all
cost? It's pretty clear that it is never a necessary tool for the job.