Re: spaces in filenames should be a crime.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Jesper Nygårds
<jesper.nygards@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you'd suggest a solution using 'ls' on the bash-help mailing list, you'd
> get lynched. Although I have always found the tone on that list less than
> welcoming, I've taken that recommendation to heart. What is the opinion
> here? Should 'ls' as a basis for file name generation be avoided at all
> cost? It's pretty clear that it is never a necessary tool for the job.

You accidentally removed all context from your mail, but assuming
you're referring to daniel's
mostrecent() { ls -l -- **/*(.om[1]) }
then it doesn't use ls for generating a file list, only for formatting
output printed to the console, which is totally fine.

--
Mikael Magnusson