Re: spaces in filenames should be a crime.

On 27/03/17 04:18 PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

You accidentally removed all context from your mail, but assuming
you're referring to daniel's
mostrecent() { ls -l -- **/*(.om[1]) }
then it doesn't use ls for generating a file list, only for formatting
output printed to the console, which is totally fine.

It does make me think tho, since zsh is doing all the hard work, how much more would be needed to bypass ls entirely and handle the output? This is baloney but:

$ echo $(**/*(.om[1])

... idea/question being that instead of ls receiving the list of files, maybe it could be done more directly.  Not that there's any need for such a thing, I'm just curious.