Re: Completion: setting up _approximate.

On 09/07/17 09:47, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> OK, so _path_files (called from _complete) is failing.  What happens
> if you leave off the trailing "3"?

It gets expanded to: /Volumes/Media/Series/Fargo/Season\ 0<cursor>

> I suspect the issue is that expanding /v/m/s/f/ uses only prefixes --
> that is, only the first letter of each directory name is expanded to
> the full name -- whereas 3 is a suffix, so you need something else to
> do that final bit of matching.  That would explain why "*3" works.

Yeah, this is what I am after - avoid the need for * in last element.
3 in there is the only matching pattern.

> The way to find out is to use _complete_debug (bound to ctrl-x
> question-mark by default) to get a call trace.

Would you like me to paste it all here? It's 1.3M big and contain some
other data that I would rather not share in its entirety. Any particular
parts of it you would like to see?

--
Kamil