command on switching terminals?

Is it possible for zsh to know when the terminal in which it is running has awakened by having the mouse moved into that window?  I understand that it's the window manager that decides which terminal is active of course, but perhaps zsh knows when it is put to sleep by the mouse moving out of it's window, and also knows when it has been awakened again? I have a utility that lets you hotkey a mouse jump between terminals so as to jump between them without having to reach for the mouse itself, and I can call it fine within a function, but I'd like to be able to also execute some code after each jump but in the new window.  As it is, zsh just wakes up without seeming to know it's been asleep so there's nothing to 'attach' any commands to.  precmd() and preexec() are not aroused.   Any commands inside the calling function placed after the command to jump to the new terminal are executed in the old terminal, which is not surprising, so it would have to depend on the awakened terminal knowing it's been awakened.  Sorta like precmd but hooked to the activation of the terminal.  I understand that this might be outside of zsh's domain.