Re: command on switching terminals?

On 07/01/18 01:12 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
On 07/01/18 12:27 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

xterm is older but more stuffed with features.  xfce4-terminal is
intentionally "lightweight".

Hmmm ... yeah, I guess this thing is pretty non-light.  I could never get  xterm to use anything but the nastiest fonts tho.  But I'm tempted to see what mischief I can get up to with Mikael's code.  Probably some horrible man page for xterm if I had the spine.

Fiddling around, some of the modern emulators work, some don't.   Gotta be careful what $TERM is tho, is seems to vary quite a bit.