Extending zed

Hello,
zed isn't that fun editor for large files and functions, however with
fast-syntax-highlighting it has colorizing that is unachievable with
vim or emacs. Example of 2 themes active at the same time (eval has
own theme):

http://psprint.blinkenshell.org/eval3.png

So editor cannot interpret "eval" as special recursive command, Zsh can.

That's why I'm thinking about extending Zed. I wonder if one could
code a status bar for it? What else can be added? Some time ago I've
added pg-up, pg-down bindings, similar are needed too.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski