Re: Extending zed

On 4 June 2018 at 11:50, Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> bindkey extensions ought to be unproblematic --- you'll see there's
> already a zed keymap which binds ^x^w to accept-line.

I've looked at the undo problem. Ctrl-/ (or Ctrl-_ that's the same
control code as we know) works fine in insert mode, i.e. it does do
undo. I've checked it's bound to widget "undo" (checking code at the
end of post). Then I've checked the not-working "u" in zed-vicmd
keymap. It is also bound to widget "undo". But it makes viewport
blank, doesn't do smooth undo like Ctrl-/. What is the way out of
this? Shoud vicmd keymap bind to vi-undo-change? Docs suggest it is a
one-time undo.

I've added those to zed to check the bindings:
        bindkey -M zed-vicmd | egrep -i '("u"|\^_)'
        bindkey -M zed | egrep -i '("u"|\^_)'
--
Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski