Re: Anyone familiar with auto-fu.zsh project?

On 12 Jun 2018, at 23:09, Eric Freese <ericdfreese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Is it possible to get the current subshell's pid without having to load the
>zsh/system module ($sysparams param)? Bash seems to have the $BASHPID
>variable. Is there anything like that in zsh core?

I asked about that as well once and sysparams was the only suggestion i got.

On 12 Jun 2018, at 23:09, Eric Freese <ericdfreese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Or, alternatively, is it reasonable to assume that everyone will be able to
>load the zsh/system module? Background here is that I had a user send a
>pull request to zsh-autosuggestions requesting we don't depend on zsh/zpty
>module since some people may not have it installed, so I'm trying to
>minimize dependencies on non-core modules.

I'm pretty sure that was me. And no, you can't assume that users will have
zsh/system. Which modules are available to zsh is up to the packager, but these
are the ones that are linked by default with --disable-dynamic:

zsh/compctl
zsh/complete
zsh/complist
zsh/computil
zsh/datetime
zsh/main
zsh/parameter
zsh/rlimits
zsh/sched
zsh/termcap
zsh/zle
zsh/zleparameter
zsh/zutil

So i think those are essentially the 'core' modules. You can probably include
zsh/langinfo and zsh/terminfo in most cases too. Those are the ones i had on the
system that inspired that PR, anyway.

dana