Re: scp completion options

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 1:14 PM, David Woodfall <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've still to discover why sometimes remote names get escape for no
> apparent reason. eg I have a patch on the remote named:
>
> 0001-fix-typo-in-rc.geomyidae-slackware-init-script.patch
>
> This is the first item completed after hitting tab, but it is listed
> as
>
> ^[k*^[\0001-fix-typo-in-rc.geomyidae-slackware-init-script.patch

This is probably something being spat out by your shell startup on the
remote host.  Go through your .zshenv, .zshrc, etc. (or equivalent
files for other shell) on the remote host and make sure that nothing
writes output such as terminal control sequences when the standard
input is not a tty.  (It could also be something in /etc/zshenv in
which case you're probably stuck unless you can become root on the
remote host.)