Re: scp completion options

On Thursday 28 June 2018 17:31,
Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> put forth the proposition:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 1:56 PM, David Woodfall <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Things I've tested so far:
> >
> > [...]
>
> _remote_files is most likely running
>   ssh -o BatchMode=yes -a -x $host ls -d1FL --
> where $host is obviously the remote name.  Try running that directly
> from your command line and see what you get.
>
> Try again replacing "ls" with /bin/ls just in case an alias is somehow
> being invoked, or find out if you have some other "ls" in the default
> search path.

Still no go I'm afraid. I also edited
/etc/profile.d/coreutils-dircolors.sh and made color=never the
default option.

I tried /bin/ls and /usr/bin/ls

Funnily enough when I first tried that and forgot to change $host to
the actual hostname it still listed the remote files/dirs.

If I choose a subdir on the remote it seems to always list the
current dir on the local, and it has those annoying escapes too.

Weird.

I'm going to have to start dissecting my local zsh files I think.

--

Audience: What will become of Linux when the Hurd is ready?
Eric Youngdale: Err... is Richard Stallman here?

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//