Re: visual line movement

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018, at 5:53 AM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> If you make a custom widget that moves $COLUMNS characters left/right, the effect
> should be approximately the same.

Agreed, though that loses the '\n' handling that the base widget does perfectly, and
it would be nice to think about Unicode, and maybe there are additional sources of
infelicities too.

For my education, I'll try to find the drawing code that Peter mentions and see what
it aims to handle.  The COMBINING_CHARS option looks instructive.

It being 2018 and all, I wonder if reading the cursor position from the terminal
after each character is a workable option.