Re: Using script to find location of global rcs files.

On Sat, 2019-01-26 at 06:55 -0600, Jim wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The manual states that the location of the global rcs files defaults to
> ¨/etc/¨, but on the distributions I´m using the default is ¨/etc/zsh/¨. I
> want
> to determine this location in a script, but so far I hav en´t found a ¨zsh¨
> option or variable to do this. I currently check the results of:
>
>     strings ${whence zsh) | egrep -i ´/etc/.*z[spl].*[tvecn]´
>
> Does anyone know a better way of determining the location of ¨etcdir¨?

No, I'm afraid I can't see a better way --- the value is baked into the
shell but without exposing the value at the shell language level, nor do
we install any zsh-config script that might tell you.  This is ancient
stuff from before configuration became something more than just a dark
art...

pws