WATCHFMT bug

I sent a report about this a while ago and I don't think anyone
responded so I searched for an answer myself.

The problem is bolding and such doesn't work for WATCHFMT anymore.
It broke between beta8 and beta9.  There is a one line fix, but
it probably isn't the "right" fix.

zle_misc.c: line 683
change beta9+: tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putshout);
to     beta8-: tputs(tcstr[cap], 1, putraw);

It would be great if someone could tell me the "real" solution.  Also
wonder why the watch stuff doesn't just use the same code as
print -P or PROMPT.

Thanks.

Also new bug: ^ by itself crashes zsh.  Simple solution is a null check
in subst, but again thats probably not the "right" solution.

--
awick@xxxxxx                                    Andy Wick
awick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     Virginia Tech/TRW