[1] + suspended (tty output) zsh -fc 'echo bug'

On some machines, e.g. on Solaris 2.4 or on AIX the following happens:

% zsh -fc 'echo hehe' &
[1] 6100
% <RETURN>
[1]  + suspended (tty output)  zsh -fc 'echo hehe'
%

But the same works if you replace zsh with sh/ksh or bash.  The problem
probably that when zsh sets the TERM variable, it tries some tty ioctl's via
the termcap library.  I thought that someone had a fix for such problems (not
to read the termcap stuff until it is not really needed).  Did I forgot to
apply this patch?

Thanks,
  Zoltan