Re: bug in zsh 2.6 beta 11

According to kpc:
> % . .zslow
> .zslow: no such file or directory: usr/local/X.V11R5/lib/XKeysymDB [291]
> <and over and over again...>

O.K., I can now confirm this... it's a classic exit-instead-of-_exit
bug AGAIN --- I fixed this just a couple of months ago and the _exit I
put into execcmd() has mysteriously vanished from the face of the
earth.  (I'm pretty sure it was the same bug, apologies if it was
something slightly different which became redundant.)  The subshell
forked to do the `fix ...` was calling exit(), which messed up the
files for the parent shell.  (This is going to cause apparently random
inexplicable bugs on all sorts of SYSV-like machines until it's
re-fixed.)

kpc: the ${EMACS:-} bug you reported by private email I've just sent a
patch to the list for.

If this doesn't fix the problems, holler again.

*** Src/exec.c~	Tue Nov  7 04:43:04 1995
--- Src/exec.c	Tue Nov  7 16:19:25 1995
***************
*** 1514,1520 ****
  		/* only save the history file on a real exec */
  		if ((cmd->flags & CFLAG_EXEC) && unset(NORCS) && interact)
  		    savehistfile(getsparam("HISTFILE"), 1, isset(APPENDHISTORY) ? 3 : 0);
! 		exit(lastval);
  	    }

  	    if (!forked && !assign)
--- 1514,1523 ----
  		/* only save the history file on a real exec */
  		if ((cmd->flags & CFLAG_EXEC) && unset(NORCS) && interact)
  		    savehistfile(getsparam("HISTFILE"), 1, isset(APPENDHISTORY) ? 3 : 0);
! 		if (subsh)
! 		    _exit(lastval);
! 		else
! 		    exit(lastval);