Startup Time

I noticed that the startup time of zsh-2.6-beta11-test12-hzoli11
is much slower then zsh-2.6-beta11-test9-hzoli11.  It used
to take about 3 seconds to start a zsh and process my MANY
named dirs.  Now it takes about 7 seconds.  (I ran time
several times on both versions.)  Anything I can
do to improve the speed.  I have the autonamedirs
option turned on, which I bet is what is slowing it down.  But
I can't turn it off because the "%~" expansion stops working
correctly (doesn't always get the shortest path).

Platform: Solaris 2.4, Sparc 10.

2 Bugs:

1)  ^ by itself crashes zsh.  (present since at least beta6)

2) My favorite: Bolding in watch fmts doesn't work.  RC says my
fix (the one putshout in zle_misc.c should be putraw) has side effects.
I have been using it for half a year now, with no problems.
What kind of side effects should I be looking for?

Thanks!!

--
awick@xxxxxx                                    Andy Wick
awick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     Virginia Tech/TRW