RE: PUSHD_TO_HOME problem

> However, I don't like the behaviour your patch produces.
Oh dear.  Sorry about that.

> I want cd to be able to swap the top two dirs, just like pushd does. [...]
> Obviously, it's not that big a deal; I can alias cd to pushd if I want.

You can indeed. That was really all that AUTO_PUSHD used to do.  But the
consequence was that a naked cd "broke", hence the need for PUSHD_TO_HOME.

I hope my patch allows for all comers.  The old behaviour is exactly
replicable, I think, by aliasing cd to pushd.  But if you don't alias
you get cd=>home and pushd=>swap, which I think is more useful. Not to
mention the extra behaviour of the +n stuff.

> the way I interpret AUTO_PUSHD is like the manual says:
> `Make cd act like pushd.'

Hmm. It's a fair cop, guv'nor.

Anthony

*** zshoptions.1.Orig	Sun Nov 12 01:09:56 1995
--- zshoptions.1	Sun Nov 12 01:17:36 1995
***************
*** 57,63 ****
  then add a trailing slash.
  .TP
  \fBAUTO_PUSHD\fP (\-\fBN\fP)
! Make \fBcd\fP act like \fBpushd\fP.
  .TP
  \fBAUTO_REMOVE_SLASH\fP
  When the last character resulting from a completion is a slash and the next
  then add a trailing slash.
  .TP
  \fBAUTO_PUSHD\fP (\-\fBN\fP)
! Make \fBcd\fP push the old directory onto the directory stack.