Re: multi-line history storing bug (beta13)

mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Heyla, doing this on my machine loses the last line in the history list.
>
> % for I in test
> do echo hi
> #test
> done
> %
>
> It seems to happen in multiline editing when I put in a comment. Anyone else
> get this?

It needs to pretend the newline character at the end of the comment is
a word, like other newlines.  (If it doesn't count the newline as a
word, it'll assume that the text ends with the previous word.)  I
didn't do that much detailed checking with multi line buffers, or with
interactivecomments.

*** Src/lex.c.icom	Thu Dec 21 23:44:21 1995
--- Src/lex.c	Mon Jan 15 16:49:00 1996
***************
*** 379,384 ****
--- 379,385 ----
  	    peek = LEXERR;
  	else {
  	    hwend();
+ 	    hwbegin(0);
  	    hwaddc('\n');
  	    peek = NEWLIN;

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330
Deutches Electronen-Synchrotron --- Institut fuer Hochenergiephysik Zeuthen
DESY-IfH, 15735 Zeuthen, Germany.