2.6b13 history question

I recently began using zsh 2.6b13 (up from 2.5.03), and I noticed that
there are some differences in the way history is handled...for example,
ls  -l ChangeLog
ls -l  ChangeLog
ls -l ChangeLog
               ^space
ls -l ChangeLog
               ^no space
(etc...) all show up as separate history entries due to varying amounts of
space (even with histingoredups set).  I even produced the last two with

% ls -l Change<tab>  # supplies the trailing space
% !!                 # omits the trailing space, causing second history entry

Do these examples indicate some sort of bug, or is this a new inteded
behaviour?

Jeff
--
"I stayed up all night playing     // Jeff Blank      ***      MTU IT-Telcom
 poker with Tarot cards.  I got a  \\           jfblank@xxxxxxx