Bug in zsh filename completion (bad one...)

Dear developers,

I found a pretty annoying bug in zsh-2.6-beta13, in its
filename completion. The first characters of all filenames are missing,
like this:

sol|21:02|>ls <press TAB or ctrl-d>

             amp-h.in     h_startups   local.m4     nfig.h.in    nfigure.in
ADME         angeLog      il           nctions      nfig.log     sc
STALL        artupFiles   installdirs  nfig.cache   nfig.status  stall-sh
TA-FAQ       c            kefile       nfig.guess   nfig.sub
amp-h        config.h     kefile.in    nfig.h       nfigure

This should be:

ChangeLog       Makefile        Util/           config.h.in     install-sh*
Doc/            Makefile.in     acconfig.h      config.log      mkinstalldirs*
Etc/            Misc/           aclocal.m4      config.status*  stamp-h
Functions/      README          config.cache    config.sub*     stamp-h.in
INSTALL         Src/            config.guess*   configure*      zsh_startups
META-FAQ        StartupFiles/   config.h        configure.in

The same behaviour appears in all filename completion, including the
use of wildcard characters. I.e. ls * will result the same erroneous
output.

The system is Solaris 2.4 on sparc, compiled with either gcc-2.7.2 or
SunPro 3.0.1. The compiler does not have any effect, i.e. the bug is
not there.

The zsh works just fine on Solaris 2.5x86 (Intel-Solaris), the above
bug does not show up at all. Consequently, the bug is likely to be in
the Solaris-libraries (which system call?).

There is one difference in compiling zsh on the two above systems:
Solaris 2.4 requires linking of /usr/ucblib/libucb.a or .so to get the
routine "killpg". The Solaris 2.5 has the same routine in its
/usr/lib/libc.so, not libucb.a.  However, I don't think the bug is in
the "kill process group" call ;).

It would be nice, if there was a workaround to the problem other than
updating to Solaris 2.5 ;). Well, this is going to happen anyway, some
time, but until then...

Yours,

ArNO
    2