Re: Bug in zsh filename completion (bad one...)

This info, from the FAQ located at the ZSH WWW page,

	http://www.mal.com/zsh/FAQ/

should help you out.
A3.On what machines will it run?
[...]

     Note for Solaris 2.2 and 2.3: The UCB versions of the routines
     for reading directories are not usable (the struct definitions
     are incompatible with the ones assumed by zsh). The symptom of
     this is that globbed filenames in the compiled version of zsh
     will be missing the first two letters. To avoid this, make sure
     you compile zsh without any reference to /usr/ucblib in (e.g.)
     your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

>> On Wed, 20 Mar 1996 21:10:13 +0200 (EET),
>> Arno Hahma(AH) wrote:
AH> I found a pretty annoying bug in zsh-2.6-beta13, in its filename
AH> completion. The first characters of all filenames are missing,
AH> like this:
AH> There is one difference in compiling zsh on the two above systems:
AH> Solaris 2.4 requires linking of /usr/ucblib/libucb.a or .so to get the

It shouldn't (I can verify it doesn't in Solaris-2.3 and Solaris-2.5;
if it does in Solaris-2.4, then perhaps there is a configure bug).

  -mb-