zsh hangs on IRIX 5.2

Hello zsh experts:

I am experiencing strange zsh behaviour on IRIX 5.2 with zsh
2.6-beta13. It has been there a long time, I don't know exactly how
long.

When a user logs in to the local the system using rlogin (with zsh as
login shell, of course), and for some reason the session crashes
(typically because the remote process is beeng killed because of idle
time) then the local zsh process hangs and consumes 99% CPU time.

The behaviour is not 100% reproducible, to me it seems that it happens
maybe 20% of the time.

This does not happen with sh, ksh or csh as login shell, but I am still
not quite sure whether it's really zsh's foult or rather an IRIX bug.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because the problem occurs quite
often on my system blocking useful work!

-- Cheers, Achim --

PS: I do have problems with other programs hangin occasionaly. The
gnuserver process for emacs client/server editing is one such example. I
don't know if this has anything to do with the first problem, just
thought I'd mention it.

 Achim Braemer              braemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Physikalisches Institut    http://doc.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~braemer
 Philosophenweg 12          Telephone: 06221 / 549370  Fax: 475733
 D-69120 Heidelberg         From DESY dial direct 6-207-9370