Re: is anyone using non-POSIX signals?

On Apr 10,  9:10pm, Richard J. Coleman wrote:
} Subject: is anyone using non-POSIX signals?
}
} Is anyone using zsh (say newer than beta8) on a machine
} that doesn't have POSIX signals?

Asking this of the zsh *developers* isn't necessarily a good cross-
section of platforms on which people use zsh.

Call me a reactionary, but I'd rather not abandon anyone if it can
be avoided.  We still get requests for builds of zmail on really
ancient unixes (most of which we have to turn down, to my chagrin).

Even if you don't keep supporting/testing the compatibility code,
it'd be nice to have some idea that the changes you're making don't
depend on something that it's impossible to emulate in the older
styles.  Someone stuck on one of those older systems ought to at
least have a chance of fixing it himself.

--
Bart Schaefer                     Vice President, Technology, Z-Code Software
schaefer@xxxxxxxxxx                  Division of NCD Software Corporation