Re: zsh-2.6-beta14 on AIX with login shell problem

kazda@xxxxxxxxxxxx said:

> Well, when I started trying out the 2.6 beta (starting w/beta13) I noticed
> that my cursor keys were interpreted, but things like erase and beginning
> of line functions did not move the cursor nor erase the characters,
> although the actual buffer was modified correctly.

This might be because the TERM you are using is not installed in the terminfo
data base.

It happened to me on *some* of our IRIX systems, but only when I had TERM set
to an adm31 (when I was using unix windows from home).  I finally twigged that
it worked only on the machines where I had installed an adm31 in
/usr/share/lib/terminfo.  I thought I had this possibility covered because I
used
	export TERMINFO=$HOME/lib/terminfo

to specify my own terminfo database.  Unfortunately this does not by itself
tell zsh to go and take another look for the terminal type.   You have to
follow it with

	export TERM=$TERM

Maybe someone can tell me of a neater way to get an alternative terminfo data
base to take effect.