Re: zsh-2.6-beta14 on AIX with login shell problem

    Peter> This might be because the TERM you are using is not
    Peter> installed in the terminfo data base.

Actually the TERM (xterm in this case) is in the terminfo database in
/usr/lib/terminfo.

    Peter> to specify my own terminfo database.  Unfortunately this
    Peter> does not by itself tell zsh to go and take another look for
    Peter> the terminal type.  You have to follow it with

    Peter>      export TERM=$TERM

    Peter> Maybe someone can tell me of a neater way to get an
    Peter> alternative terminfo data base to take effect.

I just tried a co-worker's terminfo database using TERMINFO in my
..profile BEFORE I exec the zsh beta process.  All I set was the
TERMINFO variable and did not have to export TERM=$TERM as you've
indicated.

Using his database, it works correctly.  I can't really explain it,
all he added was a few keypad and function key entries to the end of
the xterm:

        knp=\E[6~, kpp=\E[5~,
        kf5=\E[15~, kf6=\E[17~, kf7=\E[18~, kf8=\E[19~, kf9=\E[20~,
        kf10=\E[21~, kf11=\E[23~, kf12=\E[24~,

I don't see how this affects the difference I've seen on v2.5.03 and
the v2.6-beta14.  There must be some difference in the code that I'm
seeing, but I'm not well versed in it to locate it.

Mike