Re: .cvsignore files

> The patch below adds a full complement of .cvsignore files.  These are
> essential for those of us using CVS, and take up very little space.
> They really should be included in the distribution because a significant
> number of people need them and they really have to go into the repository
> to be of full use.

I do not think that this is really necessary.  I always build zsh in a
separate directory so the build process does not change anything in the
source tree with the exception of autoconf generated files.  Using
a separate build directory is always necessary in a multiplatform
environment.

If one uses a separate directory then only config.h.in, configure and
stamp-h.in remains.  But config.h.in, configure and the empty stamp-h.in
are archived in the RCS files.  This is necessary since the RCS file is
used to generate the patches between releases and not all people have
autoconf installed on their system.  And if a file is in the RCS
distribution it should not be put into .cvsignore.  After that no files
remained :-).

Zoltan