Re: Redirection bugs, and fixes

> There are a few remaining bugs in redirection, particularly in closing
> already redirected fds.  The patch below fixes all the problems I know
> about in this area.  The patch to utils.c below fixes a little problem
> with movefd(), that it would always move its argument, even if it was
> already >=10.

Thanks, I'll have a look at.  Somehow I missed your previous patches about
that.

> On other issues (does anyone read these rambling commentaries I post?),

Yes, I read them (even I do not always reply).

> as I now have some free time again, and the baseline is now up to date
> with my multitudinous ZLE patches, I plan to work seriously on making
> ZLE 8-bit clean.  If anyone else has done a significant amount of work
> in this area, please let me know.

Go ahead.  I think in zle it is better to use raw 8-bit data in line which
can even contain nulls if ll is used everywhere.  The raw 8-bit input
should be converted to zsh format each time it gets in touch with any
other part of zsh.  There is a metafy function for that which can generate
a converted version in various ways.  See the comment before metafy() in
utils.c for detals.

> And one more thing: I noticed that Src/.indent.pro disappeared between
> beta16 and beta17.  I don't think it was in any of the hzoli releases.
> I don't use indent myself, but this seems a rather silly change.  Zoltan,
> was there some reason for removing this?

There was no reason, it was an accident.  I always used zsh globbing to
generate releases and I do not have GLOB_DOTS set by default.  I'll put it
back in the next release.

Zoltan