Re: Code cleanup in ZLE bindings

On May 9, 12:55am, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: Code cleanup in ZLE bindings
}
} I think enum is not supported by all compilers.  There is no enum in the
} original K&R C.  Please send this patch again leaving the #define's (or
} convince me that enum is supported by all C compilers on all Unix systems).

We build Z-Mail on 23 different Unix platforms (more if you count different
version numbers of the same OS).  Every one of them has enum.

I've built or been in contact with people who built the mail user's shell
(Mush) on Xenix, AT&T 3b2, and even some sort of SVR2 machine.  They all
had enum, too.

What some of them don't have is the extension that permits you to assign
specific int values to the members of the enum type.

Others of them won't permit you to use enum in place of int as an array
index, without an explicit cast.  This is the only gotcha I'd be worried
about for zsh purposes.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern