Re: HISTCHARS

> > Somebody remind me why this has become a lower-case variable, and why it is
> > not mirrored to/from the upper-case version?
> >
> > Does anybody know what the comprehensive list of these seemingly arbitrary
> > incompatibilities is?  I'm getting really tired of tweaking and re-tweaking
> > my .zsh* files every time I find another of these stupid things.  We need a
> > complete upgrade guide of some sort.
>
> HISTCHARS was changed to histchars quite long ago because both bash and csh
> use the lower-case version.

Yes, I made that change.  And I've since come to regret it.  I had planned
on changing it back, but was procrastinating since I'm sure lots of people
would raise hell.

I think it makes more sense for it to be HISTCHARS, since this is consistent
with the case of HISTFILE and HISTSIZE.  I now believe this to be more
important than compatibility with base or csh.

I would suggest we change it back before the release of 3.0.

rc